Created in 2005, Champagne Barons de Rothschild was born from a unique and unprecedented alliance between the three branches of the Rothschild Family – today represented by Baron Philippe Sereys de Rothschild (Château Mouton Rothschild), Baron Benjamin and his wife Ariane (Château Clarke – Groupe Edmond de Rothschild), Baron Eric and his daughter Saskia (Château Lafite Rothschild). Passionate about the greatest terroirs in France and around the world, the Barons have joined forces, for the first time in their history, to create a Champagne House and craft their unique interpretation of a ‘Grand Vin de Champagne’ together.
“We wanted to do something together. Champagne was the natural choice. And rather than buying a House, we decided to create our own.” Philippe Sereys de Rothschild
What are the flavors of notes of Barons de Rothschild champagne? What makes it so special?
Barons de Rothschild makes excellent Cuvées focused on quality and craftsmanship champagne, drawing from their experience in the world of wine.
A pledge of quality and prestige in the world of great wines, our house is recognized by many great starred restaurants and palaces.
What is the difference between the production of an average vs a luxury champagne?
Champagne Rothschild makes approximately 500,000 bottles a year, which allows us to focus on the quality of our products.
Respecting the highest standards of all the Family’s fine wines, the crafting of each Barons de Rothschild champagne is a masterpiece of craftsmanship founded on 5 pillars:
- THE CHARDONNAY: the House’s hallmark and over 70% of its total grape supplies. It makes up no less than 50-60% of all our champagnes’ blends.
- THE GRAND AND PREMIER CRUS: 90% of the House’s grapes supply from a total of 85 hectares of vineyards. The Family has built its vineyards from among the exceptional terroirs of the Côte des Blancs and the Montagne de Reims and works closely with the winegrowers to guarantee quality and traceability while respecting the environment.
- RESERVE WINES: over 40% of the blend of our non-vintage champagnes are composed of reserve wines, a rarity in Champagne, which provide balance and harmony. Most of these wines are stored in a perpetual reserve (solera) created from the first harvest in 2005.
- PURITY OF DOSAGE: with between 1.5 and 6 g/l maximum, our range of wines is among the least ‘dosed’ in Champagne, allowing the origin of the wine and the typical character of the terroirs to show through unimpeded.
- TIME: a guarantee of quality and excellence with an exceptionally long period of bottle ageing, from about 4 years for the Brut to over 10 years for the vintage champagnes. After disgorgement, the champagne rests for at least another 6 months and sometimes for over a year in order to attain the perfect balance
True team spirit and commitment: Today, all the Champagne House’s important decisions are taken by the whole Family with one voice.
Their mission: to produce Grands Vins de Champagne founded on the Rothschild Family’s original ethos and their love of “Grands Terroirs.”
Favorite dish to pair with the brut, blanc de blanc, and rose?
- Barons de Rothschild Brut Champagne pairs beautifully with light dishes, lightly seared scallops, shellfish and rockfish.
- Then savor the cuvée with a risotto, chicken or another white meat. End your meal with cheese, a farm-fresh Brie de Meaux or Chaource
- This great Champagne pairs especially well with seafood platters in the summer. The Blanc de Blancs is the perfect accompaniment for a lobster soufflé, a carpaccio of scallops or shellfish with a light citrus dressing. Enjoy the cuvée with your main course, pairing it with grilled sea bass dressed with dill, then with a lemon tart for dessert.
- Barons de Rothschild Rosé Champagne pairs extremely well with sushi, sashimi or red tuna tartare. Then serve it with truffled veal or lightly-cooked lamb with cranberry sauce. Then for dessert, a red berry soup or fresh strawberries will bring out this Champagne’s tasty aromas.
joia beach, which is the first, and currently only, venue to feature barons de rothschild champagne, is offering bottle and parade specials during its famous riviera sunday brunch party.